mixed media textile art


Love all things old and new, fiber, fabric, beads, metallic, you name it!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Working on jewelry again

Hello my friends, I am back to work on jewelry again thanks to the confidence of a lovely friend from Georgia.  Got me out of my slump with all that has been going on with Mom and Dad.  She ordered 15 custom necklaces and 4 sets of earrings and 3 men's pieces if I can come up with something interesting.  I have completed seven necklaces and three sets of earrings and am thrilled to be back at it.  I cannot post photos yet as these are gifts for her family and I would like to wait until she has given me permission to post photos.  She has sent me some lovely pieces from her family, some vintage, some not and asked me to turn them into new art-to-wear for her to give her family as gifts.  What a lovely gift to her family!  Pieces of love!

Dad came for brunch today...taking everything just one day at a time.  He is finding that he has far too much time on his hands...spent every waking minute caring for my mother for the last 10 years and now is a bit lost.  I am confident he will find his way to his "new normal."  Bless him.

Thanks for coming by...Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Colleen,

    Have you ever thought of a little to-do list for Dad? After all, we all need to feel "needed"...what are his likes. Can any of those skills...be used in your art, or is he handy around the house? Just thinking aloud...HUGS!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete